Tuesday, September 25, 2007



Well, I've been called out for not posting by one too many people. So here I am. I enjoy reading other people's blogs so much and do it every day. When I get on the computer each day I:

1. check my email
2. go to Google Reader and catch up on all the blogs I like to read.

Thank goodness for those bloggers who actaully update on a daily basis!

One of my favorite things about blogs is Thursday Thirteen. I know that when I pull up Google Reader on Thursdays that almost everyone will have a blog post. (I suspect they write their Thursday Thirteen posts on Wednesday night so they are posted by Thursday morning.) So I decided to do a Thursday Thirteen of my own (only its Tuesday, so really it is a Tuesday Thirteen) on all my favorite blogs. (In no particular order, of course.)

My favorite blogs:

1. My good friend (one I've known since nursery at Wellford Baptist Church), Megan has a blog. Megan's blog was actually my first encounter with blogs. She writes about her super cute son Jack and their humongoid dog Hank. Thanks to Megan's blog I can stay in the know about her and her family, even though they live far away.

2. Jaime's blog is great. She updates so often that I can almost always count on a post from her each and every day. She has the cutest daughters who are pretty much the stars of the blog and they say and do the cutest things.

3. The Oetjens' blog keeps me up to date with my step-sister Chessi and her beautiful family who live in Michigan. She has three cute cute girls who also say and do the funniest and cutest stuff! It is so great to be able to know what is going on in their lives when they are so far away.

4. I do not know the author of the Daisy Cottage blog. I stumbled upon it and just love it. First of all, I love all things "cottage" so this really hits a sweet spot with me. It is simply a blog about a lady and her cottage and sometimes a cameo appearance by her cute dog. You see pictures of her home that look like they are right out of a magazine. Fabulous!

5. Corrie's Randomness is by a schoolmate of mine. It is so good to know what's going on in the lives of those I graduated with. With our 10 year reunion (gasp!) coming up, I definitely feel a longing for all of those classmates that I haven't seen in a while. I espeicially love Corrie's "Highs and Lows" and also her music.

6. Speaking of classmates, another classmate of mine Brian - his wife has a blog which is another one of those I can pretty much count on everyday. Though Annie and I don't know each other than well, I enjoy knowing what's going on with them and getting to know her better through her blog.

7. Three Football Boys and a Girl is by another classmate of mine, Kelly. She is also living away from the D-5 area now. Kelly and I go way back to Lyman Elementary. Washing Mrs. Sizemore's chalkboard after school.

8. My old roommate Hillary got married this summer and moved to Colorado! Though she's like me and doesn't post too often, I can count on her blog to put a smile on my face. Especially those pictures of cute little Rocky.

9. I'm not even sure that Amber knows I read her blog, but I do! Amber and I used to be neighbors and also went to church together at Wellford. I enjoy reading up on her family and her cute daughters!

10. Elizabeth is a good friend of mine from church - this time Duncan First Baptist. We were in the youth group together and try to keep in touch and see each other when we can.

11. I am also not sure if Kelly know's I read her blog. Kelly and her family live in the house that I grew up in which makes the pictures in her blog extra special to me. I think "Oh, that is my old bedroom!" or "They painted the kitchen yellow!" etc etc. I love it!

12. My sister-in-law Kelli started a blog and like me does not post much. Ha!

13. I also enjoy reading Meredith and Jenn's blogs. (I ran out of numbers so you ladies will have to share.) I went to school with both girls. Jenn being a year ahead of me and Meredith a year after me. It is great to know what's going on in their lives.

It is nice to post again. Keep me accountable for posting in the future. Please!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am glad you enjoy my blog. :) I am having a hard time thinking of things to write about this week.
I am so glad you updated yours!

The Browns said...

Look at all of these updates! I am so excited!!!