Saturday, November 24, 2007

Good and Green Deals


I know I'm not the only one... Does anyone else go shopping to get gifts for other people and almost always end up getting something for themselves? I am guilty of this. And this weekend was no exception. While I got 90% of my Christmas shopping done (yay!) I also got a few good deals I wanted to share.


I got a new digital camera. The screen on my current camera no longer works and the camera is on its last leg. I got a great deal on this one at Walmart on Black Friday:



I also got this Samsonite carrying case for it at Walmart for less than $5!


But my favorite purchase by far is actually for other people AND me. I got a few gifts at Pier 1 and at the checkout counter they have reusable bags for sale. I've been meaning to get some reusable bags because my consumption of plastic bags alone is insane. Well, most bags I've seen are pretty expensive and I just wasn't willing to pay a lot for them. I got these for $1.99 each! And I am using them as gift bags for Christmas, so the people who get gifts from me will get them as well. I thought this was just too good an opportunity to pass up. They are pretty cute, too.



5 comments:

Hillary Brock said...

You're doing so much better than me! I'm totally not inspired to shop yet! Good job! Can't wait to see you in December!

Haley said...

That is such a great idea to use those as gift bags!

Anonymous said...

I love the bags.. I have been planning to do this...I feel so badly at Publix , although I do recycle the plastic bags I have read that is takes many years for them to yield a return...That is a great price. And thanks you to and Ev, Charner and I are committed to recyling...love you, Mom

Meredith said...

Those are so awesome and so cheap! The ones I've seen so far have been really expensive. Thanks for the tip!

Megan said...

I think that's the camera we just got a few weeks before Anna was born. I love it - it's so much smaller than the brick I was carrying around before. You're definitely going to be using it a lot come June!