I officially became a stay at home mom this week when I quit my job Tuesday! Craig and I have been discussing and praying about this possibility for around 6 months now. I am very excited and know that we are doing the right thing. I am glad I have this opportunity and love that I will be with Davis all day every day! I know there will be obstacles (we encountered the first one about 5 minutes before I quit my job) but we trust that God will take care of us.
All of you stay at home moms out there give me a shout out with any advice. I'd love to hear it!
My official last day is July 5th.
Friday, June 27, 2008
SAHM
Posted by Carly at 12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Love you, MOM
YEAH!!!! Good for you!! You will love it (and it will be VERY hard some days too - that's what I've learned so far, but I'm really new at this too!).
I'll be praying for you guys! I KNOW how hard it is to go from 2 incomes to 1, plus all the other little ups and downs that go with SAHM family planning.
But you are doing the BEST thing for Davis!
Congrats! Just take it one day at a time. And try to get out of the house at least once a day! How did it go for Kim and Stoddard yesterday?
Don't be afriad to get that little baby in the car and just go!!! Perrin and I got out even when he was a wee little thing. He was actually much better and easier to handle out of the house.
Kim and Stoddard are doing great. I'll post some pictures soon!
That is such a great choice! I think the advice about getting out of the house is the best! I usually try and stay home one day a week, but every other day, we find some place to go, even if it is just to walk around Target. I did this from the beginning with Hannah. Also, playdates for YOU are essential. Even if your babies are too small to play, get together with other moms and chat.
Don't stress about being the perfect SAHM. You house will get messy (especially when you enter the toddler days), you will have bad days, but you are spending time with your baby that is so valuable!
Good for you! I would LOVE to stay at home at with EK all the time! I got to stay with Mad for 13 mths- I'm thankful for my summers. My schedule during the year isn't to bad- but I'd love to be a full time Mommy! Enjoy every second. It goes too fast....
Post a Comment