Sunday, January 11, 2009

Apron

One of my favorite gifts this year was an apron. I am always getting stains on my clothes while cooking and ruining them. So I decided since I'm a stay at home mom and all, I really should have an apron - its practically protocol. And what was I cooking while wearing the apron? I'm glad you asked...



Dolly's Beef -n- Cheese Crescent Pie


Finished product. Mmm.



Recipe:

  • 1 & 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
  • 8 oz. can (1 cup) tomato sauce with mushrooms
  • 1/4 t. garlic salt
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1 can (8 oz.) Crescent Rolls
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
  • paprika
  1. Pre-heat oven to 370*
  2. In large fry pan, brown ground beef, onion, and green pepper; then drain fat.
  3. Stir in tomato sauce, garlic salt and salt; simmer while preparing crust.
  4. Separate crescent dough in 8 triangles; place triangles in ungreased pie pan; press over bottom and up sides to form crust.
  5. Combine egg and 1 cup cheese; spread over crust.
  6. Spoon hot meat over mixture
  7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
  8. Bake 20-25 minutes.
  9. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kelly said...

How cute(and domestic looking)!
You should post that recipe!

Cheri said...

Love the apron and the pie looks good too :O) Love ya, MOM

Carly said...

I added the recipe. :)

Amber said...

I love the apron! I have a few that are Jay's great-grandmother's and it makes me feel so homemakerish to wear them when I cook. I printed out the recipe and can't wait to try it!

Lauren said...

YOU"RE SO STINKING CUTE!!!! Domestic diva - just call you Martha! Looks good - will have to try. Can't wait to see you and little D soon!

Kelly said...

Thank you for the recipe!!

Cheri said...

Charner enjoyed the pie!!! I stole a bite too!! mmmm