As you may have heard we have had quite an interesting week. Tuesday, June 29, Davis was taking a nap and I was resting in the other bedroom when a thunderstorm came through our neighborhood. The storm had extremely high winds and knocked a VERY large tree in front of our house down. I heard a loud crack, Davis cried out, and I ran into his room, grabbed him, and took him to my closet to wait out the rest of the storm. Once the storm passed, I was able to assess the damage and discovered that the tree had fallen on our house and a branch had punched through Davis' wall. I called Craig at work and he headed straight home. I went outside to let my neighbor across the street know we were okay and she informed me that she had called 911. Fire trucks arrived and the firemen immediately got to work. Workers from our town showed up and were willing to help, as well. Craig's parents came quickly as well. And the neighbors came out of the woodwork. Later, a tv camera man appeared. We were the talk of the neighborhood. By the grace of God, Davis and I were unharmed. Praise God for well built 86 year old mill houses!
We are unable to live in the house until certain repairs are made, but we are so thankful that we are all okay and that we have such wonderful and helpful family, friends, neighbors, local firemen, and local Town of Lyman workers. Thanks to all who have helped!
We are unable to live in the house until certain repairs are made, but we are so thankful that we are all okay and that we have such wonderful and helpful family, friends, neighbors, local firemen, and local Town of Lyman workers. Thanks to all who have helped!
View out the window from Davis' bedroom:
Branch through Davis' wall:
Tree crew began work on Wednesday:
Cracked concrete steps:
View outside where the branch went through the wall:

1 comments:
Still so thankful that all is well with you, Craig and Davis.:O)
Post a Comment