Still sick, though slowly improving with each day. It has officially been a week of sickness. I worked several days last week. (1/2 day Tuesday, all day Thursday, and 1/2 day Friday). It was rough let me tell you. I normally would not go in feeling as awful as I did, but one of the people I supervise is out long term and I've been doing both jobs since December therefore I couldn't really leave both jobs unattended. Especially considering that 1. she is my backup when I am out (therefore no backup) and 2. her job is to pay 100+ people each week. I think that I would have had some people knocking down my door if I had not completed the payroll. Basically, we've been holding out thinking that this person would return to work soon, but it has been too long and now that I was out we see that we need to get a replacement for her while she is gone. Especially since I will be out this summer on maternity leave. Anyone looking for a job???
I got out of the house yesterday. Went to Target and Walmart. Got some new maternity jeans, a bookcase, and got tons of supplies/groceries for the house. I actually went through the Walmart checkout line twice because I had so much stuff (two carts full). I didn't have two carts while shopping, I filled one cart, paid, loaded the car, then went back in to fill the 2nd cart. I don't recommend this, if you can help it. Going through the line once is enough. And passing the girlscouts selling cookies a total of 4 times is also not good. Ha. I bought three boxes.
I got some steaks and Craig grilled them for us, I made two of the largest baked potatoes I have ever seen and also a salad. Craig is not feeling well either so this was sort of a pick-me-up for both of us.
I just hope that this week brings better health to us both.
I just can't wait for Spring and warmer weather. Anyone else????
Edited later to say: One good thing about being sick is that it has revived my blog postings. 4 in one week. Definite improvement on once a month posting.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
No Picture Post
Posted by Carly at 12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am totally in agreement with you on Spring. I am ready to air out the house. Glad you are feeling better.
Hey Carly, I am glad you are beginning to feel better!
I have a quick question... Do y'all have an underground fence for your dogs? Hal and I were thinking of getting one for our dog and I just wanted to get your advice. Where to get one, a price range?
Will you email me at Haley1192@hotmail.com? Thanks!
you must be feeling better because your blog posts have slowed back down!
Ha, you are right Jaime!
Post a Comment